Here is Bock and Wally out front playing and roaming around the property. They are really good friends. Bock follows Wally around everywhere. Wally the lab is for sure the leader of the pack.
Friday, January 30, 2009
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
This gift is from Loree. Her & I were paired up to be exchanging partners for a valentine swap. In this package is a cute valentine picture frame, suckers, heart magnet, magnetic note pad and cute valentine dish towels. I'm excited to use and eat these items. Thanks Loree for your thoughtfulness. I'm excited to use the dish towels. I've never had valentine towels.
I wanted to thank my friend Jessica for being so kind to send my family and I a fun valentine package. John was excited to eat the gum and suckers you sent. You are a good friend and I know we will be friends for ever.
Have a great day everyone and Have a Happy Valentine's Day when it comes!!
Saturday, January 24, 2009
I found this fun idea at Quilted Simple. She has given me the letter L to tell 10 things that I like that starts with that letter.Here’s how it works…If you would like to do this then leave a comment on this post, and I’ll assign you a letter. You write about ten things you love that begin with your assigned letter, and post it at your place. When people comment on your list, you give them a letter, and the chain continues on and on. (I copied this from Kris, so… feel free to rip it off again).
- Life: I enjoy my life and I am happy to be who I am and where I am in my life.
- Lunch: lunch is my favorite meal of the day. I like to eat sandwiches and have a yummy soup to go with it.
- Love: Love is good to have in our hearts. Without love then we really don't have much.
- Light: I really am scared of being in the dark so I am grateful to have the light. What did the Lord say, "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in Heaven" Matthew 5:16
- Laughing: I always like a good laugh. I have some really fun memories wetting my pants from laughing so hard. It can make us feel so good inside.
- Ladybugs: There is just something about holding a ladybug, the feel of it crawling around your hand. As a young girl my favorite thing about holding a lady bug was singing the song, "ladybug, ladybug, fly away home your house is on fire and your children are gone."
- Listen: I enjoy listening to others. I can learn a lot by just listening.
- Learn: It is good to have knowledge, what else are we going to take with us when we die.
- Licorice: Without licorice my family wouldn't have a snack for our road trips. This seems to be our top favorite for a snack.
- Lakes: I enjoyed this summer spending time at the lake with my family. We plan on doing it more this year. A lake brings beauty to the place where we live.
There you have it. These are the 10 things that I like that starts with the letter L.
You should try this it was kind of fun thinking about it.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
I discovered a new powdered juice from Walmart. It is the sugar free packets called Cherry Limeade (Walmart brand). You know the powdered drinks by the Crystal Light. The cherry limeade is delicious!! I highly recommend it. Behind and to the side of the drink is what I asked for Christmas. I asked my husband for a fun kitchen gadget and he got me a hot chocolate maker. This has been so fun for me. It has a spout on the front that is fun for my daughter Kayci. She loves hot chocolate and has fun when I make it. Thanks for coming by and enjoying my two favorite things in my kitchen and listening about my frustration in the kitchen. Have a nice evening and I hope you come visit again.
I really am going now to clean my kitchen!! Seriously!!
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Next on our tour we go to my girls room. Here I found a cute shelf that I have cute knick knacks that I have had myself or gotten for the girls. In this room I want to remind them to pray, be a friend, and always be yourself no matter what.I made this when I was probably 12 years old. I had this hanging in my bedroom growing up and I have always tried to live this way. I took this very serious and tried to be friends with everyone. I am trying to instill this into my children that they can be friends with everyone too.
This is a poster that says, "Be your own kind of BEAUTIFUL". I want my girls to always be who they are even if they have to stand out and be the only daisy among the roses.We then end our tour in my little boys room. In this room I want my son to know that he is a child of God, to Love one Another, and to know the scripture stories.
My little boy also loves race cars, so I had to put race cars on the shelf (he is a boy) . There are so many things we are asked to teach our children. Look around your house and see if your walls are covered with stuff that helps you teach your family. I bet you will see that you have more than you think you do.
"And ye will not suffer your children that they go hungry, or naked; neither will ye suffer that they transgress the laws of God, and fight and quarrel one with another...
But ye will teach them to walk in the ways of truth and soberness; ye will teach them to love one another, and to serve one another." Mosiah 4:14-15