Friday, February 27, 2009
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
I know this jar has a name but I can't remember what it is. I liked it and got it for $2.00. It should be fun changing the items inside every once in a while.
I also bought this sign at Hobby Lobby. I have been wanting to spice up my laundry room to help make it a more exciting spot for me. When I saw this I had to get it. This is the first and only thing I have placed for fun in my laundry room. I think it is a good start. Anyone ever feel this way!! Help Needed...I know I have felt this way in the past.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
I met Denise when I first moved to Arizona. I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and in our church we are given callings to serve the people of our congregation. I was asked to be her Secretary in the Relief Society Organization for women. I will forever be grateful for this opportunity. This experience gave me the opportunity to grow spiritually, and learn how not to judge others. Denise taught me how to serve the women in our area. She was so good at doing what ever was needed to be done and had so much love for the women. Denise would call on me often to go do visits with her. In the Relief Society many visits are given to those in need. I have much love for Denise because she is a true daughter of God and taught me many things. I will always have a love for her in my heart. Thank you Denise for giving me the chance to know you and be part of a wonderful experience. I love the power of womanhood and the love that woman can give each other if we can not judge each other and just be there for one another. Have a wonderful day!! Something to think about: We are beloved spirit daughters of God, and our lives have meaning, purpose, and direction.
Monday, February 23, 2009
We then had to go to Walmart to get some pictures printed. I wanted to look at the lamps because I am in need of a lamp for my bedroom and a tall lamp for my front room. We were pricing and seeing what we would want. We were looking at the clearanced lamps, my husband took one to price it when he came back he told me it scanned for $1.00. Yep, you saw it right $1.00!!! There were two lamps left and so we bought them both. Now I have two lamps for my room. I got two lamps and unfortunately they only had one lamp shade left. My one lamp with the shade cost $6.00. That was a fun trip to Walmart!! and I don't even like shopping at Walmart.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Thursday, February 19, 2009
I am supposed to write five things that make my life grand. Here I go!
- My healthy family. I have 3 children that are healthy and have the ability to learn, play, argue, run, learn, smile, scream, whine, love animals, and love their friends and family. I also have a husband that I have learned to appreciate through trials of faith. I have learned that I enjoy being around him, I learned that he is a fun person and will do anything to live a better life for me and himself, I also have learned to appreciate who he is and allow him to be himself.
- My husband's job. My husband still has a job!! This is a blessing that keeps us going in being able to buy the things that we need to live.
- My faith in a living God. My life is grand because I know that I have a Heavenly Father that loves me. I know my life is better when I know that He is real and that he sent his son, Jesus Christ, to live and die for me. My life is grand because of the Savior. He has blessed my life with everything that I need. One lesson that I have learned is that I need the Lord because he can give me more, by following him, than I could ever give myself.
- My trials. Because of my trials and weaknesses I have been able to grow and become who I am today. I have a grand life because of my trials. My trials have built me up to be who I am. I know that I am beautiful, fun, happy, filled with peace, and I have been able to discover that I can do anything, I can be creative and I can make things happen for me and my family.
- My single wide trailer. Yes, I live in a single wide trailer. My husband and I had the opportunity to purchase 9 acres with this single wide trailer. My life is grand because I have a roof over my head and can have shelter for my family. Thanks to the owner's before us they fixed it up and now I have been able to make our trailer our home and fill it with love, fun and I think even cute things to enjoy. My life is grand because we have land to enjoy and I can even say we own a mountain. I'm glad to live where we do.
I am truly blessed and have a lot to be thankful for. This may seem crazy but my heart feels soft right now and is filled with emotion.
Thanks Kris for passing on the challenge to let me look at what makes my life GRAND!!
Friday, February 13, 2009
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Friday, February 6, 2009
Last Friday night My little boy wanted to pose for some pictures. Here are a few of what he was doing. He is so funny.
Something to think about: What is a functional family? One in which family members work together to improve relationships as they face challenges. Dr. MacArthur, BYU, Feb. Ensign 2009
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Thanks for thinking of me!!
Click on the link above and you will see how fun this blog is. I enjoy visiting it often and have been able to get to know a wonderful lady. She could uplift anyones day. Enjoy!!