Saturday, October 24, 2009

Sucker and Happy Birthday!!

First, SUCKER, Yes I am a sucker for kittens. Last week we got two new kittens. My friend was needing a home for some kittens. I told her if they are males then I will take two.
So, unfortunately, she had two males left. They are really cute and my kids love them. I have repeated many times, "Take the kittens outside", "They are outside cats". I am not doing a litter box...NO WAY!!!
jjjjjjjjja (Four year old son helping me type)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!..
.
Yesterday, my second daughter turned eight years old. It was her turn this year to have a friend birthday party. So, after finding birthday invitations at the D.I. for .50 cents we took around invitations to her friends. (We had to keep this birthday simple & Cheap)
My budget was $100. For $100 I was able to buy her 4 gifts and buy the accessories I needed to pull off her party.
Can't forget the presents...She doesn't look excited at all.
After the games we did the blow out of the candles. I made cupcakes for her party.
After we sang and blew out the candles we played a game of "cake walk". When the number they stood on was called out they could go get their cup cake and eat it. They had fun doing this game also.
This game was a big hit...Bobbing for apples. Had everything at home to use for this game.
After the party almost everyone went back to play with this game.
This game was ring toss using left over soda bottles and diving rings.
I learned a valuable lesson doing this party...It isn't how much you spend on a party, it is the memory you are creating and the fun you can have by making it simple. Simple is good.

8 comments:

simple country living! said...

Hi Janice! Sounds like you all had a fun day! And how right you are! Simple is better! The main thing is that you are building happy memories for your children!
~be blessed~
Leona

simple country living! said...

Oh! And I forgot to say how cute your kitties are! Such fun the children must be having with them!
~Leona~

CB said...

What a fun party and it is Baptism year too - What a great year!!!
You did good pulling it all together for $100 - not any easy task these days and the smile on your daughters face says it all!

Hey you want another cat? hee hee J/K

Ann Marie said...

I am a sucker too. :)
Our kitten is getting so big pretty fast.. It makes me sad. It was such a good thing for us to do during this time of unemployment. She has brought our children much joy!

Our kittens are outside as well.. but we still do litter in the garage. Thank goodness Chad changes it more than me! :0

Fun and inexpensive parties are the ones I remember most as a child. It's all about being creative!
It's great to be 8! ♥

Angie said...

SOunds like the party was a great success! I agree the simpler the better. Kids are easy to please anyway. Awesome job it looks like they had a great time:)

Small House said...

Glad you know who had a great birthday party. Looks like she had a lot of fun to.
Are you biting your nails getting everything ready for Saturday?? What a to do list you must have.
Sandar

Dahlene said...

Looks like a great party. Our kids really do like the simple things. It is the fun they have not the things they get or get to do. I love kitties too. I keep saying when my last two are gone, never again. I think I'd have a hard time saying no if someone offered a free kitten though.

QuiltedSimple said...

Simple is best- what a perfect party!
Kris