Monday, June 22, 2009

Hello...Will Anyone Know?

I am ready to return to blogland. I think I have taken a three week break. I thought we were going to have to turn our internet off, but we opted to keep it running. Three weeks ago my husband was laid off of his job. Like so many others out in the country know exactly what we were going through. There is so much shock, denial, madness, stress, thoughts to blow up the business that laid your husband off, and a few tears.

After the first week it started getting better. Reality sits in and you try to come up with a plan, but then you remember that it is hard to make plans when the Lord might have a different idea. So, you pray and pray and pray and pray and pray some more just to get comfort and peace and a mind that can hear the inspiration that you need. After prayer and fasting and attending the temple we are still clueless. So, the poor husband applies and applies and applies and applies and applies some more hoping for a phone call. You then decide to apply and where ever you get a job is where you move. This is what we are doing.

We have applied all over the country and willing to go where ever the Lord takes us. We know that Heavenly Father is in charge and all we can do is do our part here to start the process for something to happen, but realize that only the Lord and Heavenly Father can open doors.

Here I am today feeling a lot better than I was three weeks ago. I feel stronger and know that I can survive this tribulation we have been placed with. I will have faith.

The other day while I was reading the scriptures I wanted a scripture that I could have my girls look up to read out loud to me and this is the one that came to my mind. I was very excited because I was able to explain that the Lord has asked us to find a new job and possibly a new place to live. I then explained that the Lord has promised that He will prepare a way for us to do this. So, the scriptures can bring us comfort and answers.

And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them. 1 Nephi 3:7

I'm happy to be back and I will be visiting the ladies that I had learned to appreciate through blogging. I hope to see any of you soon.

8 comments:

Angie said...

Can I just tell you how much I needed your blog entry today?! I found out that I have been laid off and will have to start the search again. I know exactly how you feel and will pray something comes your way too! I love ya and will put your names in the temple tomorrow.

simple country living! said...

Aloha Janice! So nice to have you back! It isn't an easy road to travel, but I like to remember that our Father would never give us more than He KNOWS we could handle! Keep praying & drawing closer to Him! What an exciting adventure!
~hugs~
Leona

QuiltedSimple said...

So glad you are back! And you will prevail - hopefully sooner rather than later. Good luck on the job searching!
Kris

Natalie said...

Janice, I'm sorry you have to go through this. :( I'm sure God has something special planned for your family, it just may be a while before you find it, you know?

It's good to still 'see' you around! ;)

Crazy Petersens said...

I'm glad you are back...I've missed your posts. You and your family are in our hearts and in our prayers. :)

Deborah Bergman Holien said...

Thank you Janice for sharing your blog, Heavenly Father is in charge and has a plan so keep doing what you're doing and the Holy Ghost will direct you.

By the way,you are so far advanced from me, I only know how to enter it, I have not figured out how to do all the other stuff yet.

CB said...

I am happy to see you back.

I am so sorry about your husbands job. I have several friends and a brother who have been out of work for quite awhile - the one thing I see in all of you is your great attitude, your reliance on the Lord and hope. You are an inspiration.

I am glad to see you still in blogland and hope you are enjoying your kids and your summer!

{{{hugs}}}

Vickie France said...

Dear Janice,
I love you so much. You have always been so wonderful, but the last few years you have grown beyond belief. I am truly inspired by you. I am so glad that I can call you sister. You touch my heart deeply. Who knows maybe the Lord will send you to Missouri so we can be near each other again. Our prayers are with you. I know the Lord is watching over you and that beautiful family of yours. I sure miss you.
Love, ~V