Friday, May 29, 2009

What time is it?

What time is it? Summertime, It's our vacation. What time is it? Party time, That's right, say it loud...
I started last year with a new tradition. When my kids get off the bus and come in the house I have the Summertime song playing from High School Musical. This year my oldest daughter drove home early with me so we sang it in the van on our way home. But I still have to play it for my first grader when she gets off the bus today. I love summer break. We get to sleep in and just hang out and do whatever!!! IT"S SO NICE!!!!
Here are some activities my girls got to do today for the last day of school...
The local fire men came to help the first grade class do their egg drop. It was fun to watch and I know the kids loved it. Thanks to the amazing first grade team of teachers.

This speck in the picture is Kayci's egg falling. I timed it just right with the picture.

The egg cracked!! It didn't survive the landing.

The principal had a demontration outside for the different grades to come watch a 2 liter of soda explode or shoot out using Mentos. It was pretty fun for the kids.

Well this has been our day so far. Now I'm off to clean my house for company that is coming to visit for the weekend. We can hardly wait. Nobody ever comes to visit us, so this is a fun thing.

1 comment:

Shed In The Stix said...

We totally had a last day of school party and blasted that song the whole afternoon. We must think alike!