Monday, December 22, 2008

Thrift shopping treasures

It started out a snowy day last week in December. My three children needed winter snow boots, so I headed out to town. The thought came to me to stop at the DI, a local thrift store, (I have learned to listen to those thoughts). I went straight to the boots and what do you think I found? Yep, two pair of beautiful snow boots for my girls. They were perfect and together would cost me $7.50. I wanted to cry right on the spot. I had only $60 to spend for boots. Once I was there I had to look around for other good deals (now I had extra cash). I had fun and to me I found three fun items that have added a cuteness to my little house (trailer). You can see my treasures and how cute they are. That day I was truly blessed by the Lord. I was able to get boots for my children, gloves and a hat for John. I also had enough money left over to fill up my van with a tank of gas. The Lord truly does bless us and gives us what we need if we follow Him each day!!

6 comments:

Small House said...

WOOT! WOOT! What a lucky find. I love those signs. Good heavens, you're a lucky duck
Have a good day.
SR

Janae said...

Thank you for your wonderful testimony. You are such a wonderful example to everyone in your life. I am so grateful to be your friend. I LOVE the cute signs! What a great find!

Jolene (and my sweet husband Kevin) said...

How cool. It never ceases to amaze me how much the Lord looks out for us and know of our needs.

sageapprentice said...

I love your attitude, Janice, but I always have.

sageapprentice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

Awesome finds, we love DI too! You are a good wife, to budget so
well:) I like the whole idea of putting the Christ sign in the center of the room since he is the center of your lives.