Monday, December 22, 2008

Thrift shopping treasures

It started out a snowy day last week in December. My three children needed winter snow boots, so I headed out to town. The thought came to me to stop at the DI, a local thrift store, (I have learned to listen to those thoughts). I went straight to the boots and what do you think I found? Yep, two pair of beautiful snow boots for my girls. They were perfect and together would cost me $7.50. I wanted to cry right on the spot. I had only $60 to spend for boots. Once I was there I had to look around for other good deals (now I had extra cash). I had fun and to me I found three fun items that have added a cuteness to my little house (trailer). You can see my treasures and how cute they are. That day I was truly blessed by the Lord. I was able to get boots for my children, gloves and a hat for John. I also had enough money left over to fill up my van with a tank of gas. The Lord truly does bless us and gives us what we need if we follow Him each day!!

6 comments:

Small House said...

WOOT! WOOT! What a lucky find. I love those signs. Good heavens, you're a lucky duck
Have a good day.
SR

Matt, Janae, Makenna, Emily & Ryan said...

Thank you for your wonderful testimony. You are such a wonderful example to everyone in your life. I am so grateful to be your friend. I LOVE the cute signs! What a great find!

Crazy Petersens said...

How cool. It never ceases to amaze me how much the Lord looks out for us and know of our needs.

sageapprentice said...

I love your attitude, Janice, but I always have.

sageapprentice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

Awesome finds, we love DI too! You are a good wife, to budget so
well:) I like the whole idea of putting the Christ sign in the center of the room since he is the center of your lives.