Friday, May 29, 2009
This speck in the picture is Kayci's egg falling. I timed it just right with the picture.
The egg cracked!! It didn't survive the landing.
The principal had a demontration outside for the different grades to come watch a 2 liter of soda explode or shoot out using Mentos. It was pretty fun for the kids.
Well this has been our day so far. Now I'm off to clean my house for company that is coming to visit for the weekend. We can hardly wait. Nobody ever comes to visit us, so this is a fun thing.
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Friday, May 15, 2009
We did end up having fun though. We played charades, a tag game, what are you doing game, I'm thinking of ... and a M&M question game. After about one hour the power came back on. It was a happy day. It was so funny my ten year old was so excited because she could finally get back to watching her show. When the power came back on she said, "That took forever". It gave me a chuckle.
Having the power out reminded me of being little when the power would go out. I always loved it because that was the only time my parents would ever play a game with me. I was the only one left at home so I got all the attention during power outages. It was fun for me. Makes me think we should have our own power outage at least once a month. Pretty sad that having the power go out gets us to play games. I need to make this happen more for my little family.
Have a great weekend!!
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Friday, May 8, 2009
- I can be serious at times. Although, I have been learning to relax and enjoy laughing more and dance with my family.
- I love to smile. In high school I was awarded the "best smile".
- I enjoy getting to know someone new. At church I like to look for the new person and go meet them.
- I feel like I do good at allowing others to feel important.
- I asked my husband what he thought about my personality and he said, "Spiritual". Something I work on daily. Let's hope it is working. I enjoy listening for inspiration that I need for myself and my family.
- This is hard...I would say, "Confident" I am confident with myself. Took me years to find the confidence that I have. Although, I am a little nervous for this new school year because I was voted in as the VP of the PTA. I was nominated by someone else NOT myself. I'll see how confident I am when this new job starts.
- Lastly I would say, I try to avoid concerning myself with what others think about me. I guess they are going to think it if I worry about it or not, so I choose to just live my life the best way I can and forget the rest.
I am not perfect, because I work hard at making all these things happen and at times I have my set backs and then I have to pick myself back up and keep going. Life can be hard at times and I know that by the hard times it creates stronger personalities, which can only help us be better. I really don't enjoy sharing these things about myself. I will have to take a day or two getting over the anxiety of publishing this post. Thanks for being my blogging friends.
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Kindergarten & first graders. My daughter is in the back row, first person with the green shirt.
Fourth & Fifth graders. My daughter is in the front row, first person from the left.
I think these activities are wonderful for the youth to do for the young kids because it shows that there are still good teenagers out there, and the fun they can have when they get into high school. I appreciate the time and effort the youth and their teachers took to create this experience for the kids.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
My friend, Angie, had made these cards just to be kind and give them to me. I was happily surprised to receive them. What an amazing gift to give. I know she put a lot of time to make these and they are so cute. Angie, you did an amazing job. I love them and will definitely use them all. Thank you so much!! Angie & I met when we were in high school in our marching band. I should say "the best marching band in the country at the time". Good times, Good times!! It was fun to find Angie on Facebook and know what she has been doing. Good thing for the Facebook and blogging!! Have a great day.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
I'm in the very back row bending down with the pink shirt. What a fun night!! Thanks Diane for making this night happen for us all. I suppose I owe my husband a very big thank you for sending me out the door and taking care of the home front. I must say he did very well. He was in charge of taking the girls to their own performance at the HS and a soccer game in the morning. Thanks MIKE!!